03 Abr How to confront an examination type test
In the Hispanic world, an examination type test is what the Anglo-Saxons denominate multiple choice questions. Generally each question has 4 or 5 options between which there are to choose one. Thus it is, for example, examination MIR.
We have luck of which in Spain custom does not exist to use more complex variants of this type of questions in which it can have to choose 2 answers that can be correct, or to connect terms between 2 columns of words, each one of as it contains 5 or the more terms¦ and the question are correct when you are able to make all the connections correctly¦
In short, we are not complicated the life. An examination type test as the one of the MIR already is sufficiently complex. It is generally necessary to know moderately the matter to be able to approve.
Sometimes it surprises to find students to me who in 5º year of race lament themselves because she does not occur tests well them¦. It is not that it has prevented them to arrive until 5º, but I can imagine me the anguish that will suffer in each examination of this type whom they must face. Recently a student of 2º of Medicine requested advice to me through e-mail on this subject. If you want to know what I answered to him, and still more, he continues reading.
I am going to give to some RECOMMENDATIONS and TRICKS to you so that you improve your results in this type of examinations.
Disclaimer: If it seems to you that what story down is interesting¦ Tells it to us in the commentaries!
Disclaimer twice: If it seems to you that what story down is obvious and boring¦ Tell it to us in the commentaries! ð
1. PREPARATION OF AN EXAMINATION TEST
It seems to have certain evidence that the techniques that commonly we used when studying, as the underlining, serve as help to confront examinations type test. This is due to that habitually we emphasized important data and concepts, that they are those that soon will fall in the examination.
How to simulate this type of examination during the last days of study and review? The ideal is to use flashcards, they are of fine cardboard or digital, and written up with simple questions. That is to say, not to use great cards with dense schemes of a subject, but small cards with questions and simple answers. *Recuerda that to autoexaminar itself is one of the more effective techniques of study, as we explained in this entrance.
P. ex. Antibiotic What have effect anti Pseudomonas? (8). In the reverse one, to enumerate ticarcilina+clavul¡nico Ceftazidima/cefepime/carbapenems/piperacilina+tazobactam//aminoglycosides (tobra, genta)/aztreonam/quinolones (cipro, I weigh)
Very important, like the back of her hand to know the rules the examination. - Inform to you into how many options have each question and how much score badly reduces each answered question. The question model is frequent test in which 5 options exist and each 3 questions badly answered reduce 1 asks to you correct. This model is popular because he is the employee in the MIR until the call of year 2015.
- 5 options + 3 questions bad reduce 1 asks well: in this case, if you are able to discard with certainty two of the options, you can risk to you to choose at random because the statistical account to your favor.
- 4 options + 3 questions bad reduce 1 asks well: if you can at random discard 1 option and conversations between 3 options, the statistic says that the balance will lie down to zero, but the risk of having a negative balance is relatively great. If you can discard 2 options, the statistic plays your favor.
2. STEPS TO FOLLOW DURING THE EXAMINATION TEST
Each will have its routine, but it does not work to you well, you can take ideas from the routine that I used and she was to me very productive:
1. Lee well what they ask to you to answer. - They can ask to you that you choose the correct option, or on the contrary, the false option. They can request it to you with these words, or with phrases of the type Which of the following options would not be correct? , that is as asking to you that you choose the false one. In this step much people hurry and they are mistaken, so, attention.
2. The first impression is the one that counts (as in the perfume announcements). - To begin by the principle, and to be answering the questions that you know. Often, nothing else to read the statement, an answer jumps in your mind. You With that answer have left, and look for the correct option based on her, because usually she is right. The answered ones at the first moment YOU DO NOT RETURN THEM TO TOUCH. Perhaps you are mistaken in some, but he is generally much more dangerous to review them.
3. The USA the material adapted to each step. - If the answers are marked in the examination form, it marks with ball-point pen those that you know yourself surely. In the doubtful ones, in that you will do the exposed thing in steps 4 and 5, it uses pencil. If you have a leaf of answers and the time is very fit (less than 2 minutes by question), I recommend from the home to mark the questions to you that you know yourself surely. That will avoid to you to confuse to you of line if you must pass the questions quickly and running at the end of the examination.
By the way, not to confuse of line, you can help to you you of a small rule of plastic or another ball-point pen.
4. Those that you do not know, mark them with a symbol for the second reading (I I put a question).
5. When you have doubts, probably you are able to discard 1 or 2 of the answer options. Mark them with another symbol and leave them for the second return. For example, with false F of and V of true. A word writes after the statement that expresses of what the same goes, if you know it (pneumonia, atrial fibrillation, or what is).
6. In the second reading, it returns to read and it closes the eyes hoping an intuition blow. This is not superstition, but it corresponds to the way of diffuse thought, demonstrated scientifically. It is opposed to the way of focused thought, that is the one that we used when we are concentrates in a concrete activity (P. ex. an interesting chat through Messenger or a session of study). The way of diffuse thought explains why often the writers, artists or scientists find the answer to a problem in the middle of an anodyne activity (a stroll, a shower, the dream nocturne), after to have spent hours or days concentrates in that problem.
7. If the blow does not come from intuition, it is necessary to happen to analytical way. It tries to discard options that seems to you they are not correct. If you are able to discard 2, you already can risk to you to answer. Fix to you well to what asks to you, because often questions in negative are used, of the type which of the following is not certain.
8. The very long statements are exhausting but sometimes they give the diagnosis you at the end of the statement. Look for it, and if it is not thus, it evaluates the option to leave it for one second reading.
I DO NOT HAVE NOR IDEA OF THIS QUESTION, WHAT I DO
Biennnn¦ Here it is when Picardy begins. The one that never has used tricks, that the first stone throws!
The reason by that we can use these tricks that we are going to expose next is that it is very difficult to write up good examinations type test. My experience is reduced to the little questions that I write up for my blog of otorrino (aprendeotorrino.com), and I can assure to you that from 3ª or 4ª it asks the thing is put uphill¦ It is easy to write up 2 or 3 options, but the two rest become difficult and a strip of long and complete answers the more, or to put to and c they are correct, and things thus¦ A gift of the Sky, karma the universal or mere human nature is the one that exhausts the imagination of our professors and it helps us with these truquillos:
, when 2 options are very similar, but 1-Generalmente opposite, the correct one is among them.
2-Normalmente the radical options, that is to say, those that never tell you take place X or always cause and, they are incorrect, being correct the options expressed with verbs as it is accustomed to, can cause, etc. The medicine is thus.
3-in analytical numbers of prevalence, values, etc, some central option usually is correct and not them extreme values.
4-If one of the options is longer than the rest, often is the correct one. If it seems removed from a text book, with more reason. For that reason it is necessary to read all the options although one of first seems certain, since next it can be most complete and therefore correct.
5-La option that includes the most repeated options usually is the correct one, because the rest of options is distractores that are constructed introducing variations in the correct option.
6-Remember that is current that repeats questions of previous examinations, which is logical, because it is difficult to write up questions year after year, and because there are basic contents that your professors want that you know to answer. For that reason it is important to try to secure to examinations of semesters or previous years and to practice with them, using them of help to study and to strengthen concepts.
NOW HE TOUCHES TO YOU. YOU KNOW SOME TRICK THAT IS NOT INCLUDING IN THIS ARTICLE? LEAVE US to YOUR CONTRIBUTION IN the COMMENTARIES ð